Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Face Value - Do not Shop based on EGO

For all smart women out there who do not shop based on EGO alone. I met a woman recently who had great skin. She was rightfully proud to tell me her age 58. I asked her what skin care line she used and she said something along the lines of, 'Only the Best' and then rattled off some expensive junk that I can't stand. It's overrated and doesn't work half as well as its much lower priced counterparts. It's not a horrible line, I just know she's spending much more when there's equal or better products available.

A big part of being an Esthetician is knowing the ingredients, percentage, quality and the value of products. I've learned that the most expensive thing is NOT always the best and that the drugstore item is not always a total write off. I will spend more for what I believe to be better product but love a bargain and will choose something less expensive if it can produce the same result.