Friday, March 14, 2008

Face Value

I have noticed that many women have difficulty applying a makeup foundation smoothly and evenly. Of course, choosing the right foundation for your skin type is key, however, there are steps, which should be taken to prepare your skin first to help achieve that sheer and flawless look.

Always start with a good cleansing. I really love Yonka Crème Nettoyant. It has a refreshing grapefruit smell. Next follow with Toner, Yonka toner lotion and then moisturize with Yonka Pample Mousse. My daily facial ‘canvas’ is now ready.

It's critical to begin any makeup coverage with a good primer, I have been useing LANCoME's La Base primer. Apply it evenly to the face and neck using a sponge, foundation brush, or your finger-tips. If you use your fingertips then apply lightly. Next, comes the foundation lately I have been using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra. I'm just as happy with it as I was with my Chanel Mat Lumiere long lasting foundation– SPF 15. They both have the light yellow pigment that cuts out the redness in my skin. Any good quality foundation will hold twice the pigment. You can not get high pigment out of a grocery store liquid foundation. Use the same technique of blending evenly and apply lightly over the jaw line. The old rule that less is more is also true here – you only need enough to lightly cover the face. You will help protect and preserve your skin from sun damage by using products that contain SPF.

After the foundation comes concealer when needed. Right now I'm loving Yves Saint Laurant Touche Edat Radiant Touch. This light, highlighting concealer is applied under the eyes, blending outward using a brush or fingertips. And here’s a good tip – If the concealer you already have doest’t go on smoothly enough, try mixing it with a touch of your foundation or just a little bit of Auquaphor to change its consistency – it works like a charm! By following these basic steps, you should easily obtain the flawless and youthful skin that we all desire.

Now you have beautiful healthy canvas to apply your makeup.