Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Aquaphor Healing Ointment
For the one or two people out there who don't actually own Aquaphor, can I just take a minute and encourage you to spring for the $5 tube??

I use it pretty much throughout the day: dry cuticles, around my eyes before bed, heels and hands after a shower, and of course.. eye shadow. You can use just a dab on your lids to add life to bare eyes, if you use loose mineral shadows you can mix them with Aquaphor for a long wearing cream shadow, and I also love a little dab over cheek bones for a cheek highlight. I think my favorite is mixing a light dab of it with Jane Iredale Minnerals, for a beautiful bronzed silky leg or to shade the jawline and declote'.

Another reason you should have Aquaphor is that if your going to have chemical peels you need the protective Aquaphor barier to help your skin repair. I recommend applying a thin coat of Aquaphor on your peeling skin for when ever it needs healing.